Sunday, January 2, 2011

Schedules and Timers and Meds Oh My!

Soooo holiday breaks aren't really "breaks" around here. They are more like forced marches. Especially LONG "breaks" when things close and everyone else has a different schedule that impacts our. It apparently does BAD BAD things to certain wee folks... T1 has gone from doing fairly well to going to hell in a hand basket all in 2 weeks time. OT is closed for the holidays, daddy is working from home, I attempted to let them have a break from school (which I promptly stopped and resumed OUR schedule), MDO is closed for a few weeks... This apparently has rocked T1's little world so hard that even her meds can't keep up. There have been fits, crying, knashing of teeth, insulting of brother, OCD of crafting, OCD of alone time..

Now I'm having to ration crafts and alone time with timers.. and dole it out like it's a prize.. *head bang*. We've also had to pull the worry journal back out and document each and every minuscule worry because wow are there a ton of them.. Like little leeches gnawing at T1's wee brain..

I had hoped that AFTER Christmas was over, like the presents were opened etc it would get better. Apparently I was wrong. I am NOW hoping that once we resume our normally scheduled programming it will become better. It can ALWAYS get worse, but hopefully we won't have to do a meds adjustment..


AND as a side note.. I am still the only one enjoying the benefit of a clean bathroom all to myself.. And wow.. It is truly enjoyable.. It is almost worth doing the extra work around the house to not have a nasty, grungy, stink, hairy-sink bathroom..

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh gotta love the journaling. I remember we had to make a list of "bad things" and "good things" for M2 when she was at her worst... things like burning down the house went on the "bad" list. Things like "giving Mommy hugs" went on the good. I hope the schedule (and the girl) gets back to normal ASAP!

    ReplyDelete