Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Now, If It Were YOUR Kid..

This would be REALLY funny and I would SO be laughing at you.. (Well, not really AT you per se.. But wow, I would really find it funny). Because honestly, it's MY kid and *I* find it pretty funny.

Yesterday, at bedtime - past bedtime really - The Girl is in laying ON the floor when I come to check on her picking and picking and picking on her fingers and nails. (It's what she does. She MUTILATES her hands. She's actually completely torn OFF one of her toenails that has yet to regrow. It's one of her anxiety/OCD tic things, but we attempt to get her to NOT do it and move the need to fidget to something more appropriate..) Well, I got to check her and she's wide awake and the conversation goes as follows:

Me: Why are you awake?
T1:  Well, I've been picking...
Me: Ok, well you should stop that and go to sleep.
T1: But I CAN'T, I have to tell you.
Me: Tell me what?
T1: Tell you that I'm picking.
Me: Ok. Well, go to sleep.
T1: I can't, because I'm picking.
Me: *starting to be confused* Right, stop it and go to sleep.
T1: I can't be cause I have to TELL you.
Me: That you are picking?
T1: Yes.
Me: So you can't go to sleep because you are picking and you can't stop picking because you have to TELL me you are picking... *scratches head..* Ok..well Why don't you stop, because I already KNOW you are picking because I have eyes in the light bulbs and while you aren't really supposed to, I do already KNOW.. and then go to sleep?
T1: OOOOHHHHH.. *ponders* Ok!

And she was out in less than 5 minutes. Now, how THIS works I have no idea.

And then just now T1 had an OCD panic attack because: A member of the Lollipop Gang went missing. That's right.. I had to call my mom and spouse at work to see if they had seen or put said creature anywhere. Ever called someone and asked "So, do you know where the Green Lollipop Munchkin is by chance?" It is just about as awkward as that sounds.. Because the answer I get is.. "Ummm the... Munchkin..? Like.. munchkin munchkin? The GREEN one?" It just goes downhill from there in coherence..

But, thankfully, Green Lollipop Munchkin has been safely reunited with all his Guild Friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment