Monday, January 31, 2011

Weather Panic..

Oklahoma is apparently in a weather panic tonight.. They are projecting anywhere from 4 to 18 inches of snow.. Very exacting science here.. Projecting lots of travel problems.. Power outages.. The sort of crap like that.. And being in Oklahoma this causes a TIZZY of mass proportions.. I went to the store.. 2 days ago.. Because we were out of stuff.. And the dumb checker guy was joking about snow and I just thought he was being a fool.. Well.. Turns out he IS a fool who heard the weather, but still..

So then we get to the conundrum of power outages.. And heat.. Ours is electric.. Because.. we like electricity, it's our friend. Well, so I'm talking to my mom and then about 20 minutes later it dawns on her - that she has a fireplace. Well Yes.. You do.. You ALWAYS have.. As do I.. *WE* can't use our.. It's wood burning fireplace and will literally KILL me.. (wood smoke = Me death)  Anyhow.. I just assumed since we live in the same neighborhood... And she's NEVER bothered to mention it in the previous..... 6 years... Hers was also a wood fireplace..



She's "just remembered" hers is a gas fireplace with gas logs.. *headbang* well.. aren't you just special? AND she has a gas stove & hot water tank.. I almost want to go and just hand her a bouquet of obvious..(Sorry mom.. I do..) Not that I won't full take advantage of said things should the need arrive.. But D'uh!.. How do you "forget" that?

Anyhow.. So we shall see.. It's currently a toss up as the weather has currently only gotten cold so far. It's debatable which way it will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment