Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cleaning Conundrums

Surely I'm not the only one with the problem of getting household chores done. It recently has been a MASSIVE problem here.. As in NO ONE but me has done any.. No one.. It's annoying.. It's ire inspiring.. It's aggravating to ask for help and watch people play games, surf the internet for hours and HOURS and watch TV as I do the work. It's a rather big conundrum.

Well a few weeks ago, before the the boycott of cleaning began, I made a deal with the kids that IF they helped me clean the bathrooms, they could use "Mommy's Bathroom". I don't know why this bathroom is so special, it's just the bathroom attached to the master bedroom. But for several weeks it was enough for them to think cleaning bathrooms was Super Cool. Until Now. Neither would help me. SOOOOOOO Neither is now allowed to use "Mommy's Bathroom". At all. Which got me to thinking.. If that is the consequence for not helping clean for the kids, would it work for *cough* larger people.. Adult people..Hummmm...

Yes, You can probably see where this is going now. Because if I am the only one scrubbing and cleaning, there should be some reward for this even if it is meager. SOOOOOOOO.... I have proclaimed that *If* you do not actively participate in the daily cleaning and chore, you will not be allowed to use Mommy's Bathroom. Applicable to EVERYONE.. Because by golly, then at least I can have a clean bathroom to myself. Now this got me a bit of a scowl at shower time this morning, and yet... My bathroom doesn't have the customary wet foot print and hair it usually does after I've just cleaned it SOOOO *shrug* I'm not sure I care..

1 comment: