Tuesday, January 3, 2012

When the Sieve Goes..

It goes. Everything can be moving along.. Ok.. and then Not. Don't you love how everything breaks at once?? And in reality, it's probably NOT that everything broke all at once, just the perception that it broke all at once and that you suddenly want to leap over the counter at Target and bludgeon the bleach blond bitch who works there. And you are QUITE certain it's because it's "the other Target" not the one you normally go to, but the one that happened to be closer to the doctor's office.  The snide tone when she can't figure out which CHILD you are. Well, Darling, last time *I* checked *I* wasn't a CHILD on my insurance so I shouldn't be LISTED as one. But.. whatever. Or 3 hours it takes to get 3 prescriptions ready. I didn't realize slapping a label on something was so damned hard OR take 4 people.  This is after going to the doctor to be told I have a pussing sinus infection and will be on antibiotics for 3 weeks again. But before spraying Afrin in my eye, which tingles BTW.  Now, to be fair, I don't KNOW it's going to take the pharmacy 3 hours to get the prescriptions ready. I'm already back at home and they still had no idea where they were in their system. They are still essentially lost. So it could be MUCH longer than 3 hours. I gave up when I looked at the girl and gave her the "pity" speech. I do really like to do that. Be mean, come back, then give them the pity speech. It's really a fine art. You get the joy of being slightly mean to the Hoeboken Hoebag that deserves it, but then the sympathy and AWWWW of poor thing and your problems all solved. It also helped I happened to be getting a new Epi-Pen and steroids with the antibiotics. You shout "But I really NEED my Epi-Pen and Steroids.. What am I supposed to do..?????" and then look sad.. It works almost every time. Now, if only I could get those darned meds.

So really, it's probably just irritation at Target pharmacy and the incompetent cow who works there, but.. It stings even more when you get grouchy at the kids when they start imitating the way Hoeboken Hoebag is talking because they think it's funny, not really knowing how rude the clerk had been. And you have to actually explain politely to them why it's not right. Unfortunately, sometimes telling them to shut it comes first. As does threatening to send them back to New Jersey in a sealed box.

No comments:

Post a Comment