Thursday, December 22, 2011

Toys R Us and Thievery..

For the sake of argument, let's all assume "Thievery"is being used correctly (and for all I know spelled) for the rest of this post. It'll make this whole thing go smoother. So 2 days ago I got an email from the bank that the balance was SUPER low. Like. Really low. I thought that was odd, but went online to figure out what was going on, to discover that *someone* had gone to Toys R Us in TULSA and  done 3 transactions totaling almost $1000. Since C hadn't left the house that day, nor had I, a call to customer service was made. Thievery of C's card number had occurred.  He HAS his card. He never "loans" it out. The girl said she would stop the charges from going through and it shouldn't actually hit the account. She said the fraud department had already flagged it and canceled his card. It SOUNDED like it was taken care of.

Until today. I start balancing that account and those charges are there. All 3 of them. ARGG. I call them again and THIS girl says that they have NO way to stop charges to go through. And Really, what I should do - is call Toys R Us and see if they will refund the charges themselves. OH HELL NO I will not. I already was told you were going to block the freaking charges, plus Toys R Us is going to LAUGH like no tomorrow if I call them and say "Oh, can you just give me $1000. I was never there. Thanks. A receipt? No. Proof? Well I have charges on my account." Yeah. Good luck with that one. It's also obvious someone at Toys R Us in on the thievery of the card numbers since the number was run 3 times. Who would DO that if it wasn't stolen?  So now it's going to be up to 10 business days before we get the $1000 refunded by the bank.  And the moral of the story? If you go somewhere where you hand your card to a person and they walk off with it, give them an actual credit card like the experts keep saying. Apparently people CAN skim or scam or whatever it's called and steal your number and spend everything in your account causing a giant pain in the arse.

No comments:

Post a Comment