Monday, September 19, 2011

Reading

So I did reading level tests with 1 & 2 this morning. T1 is showing that she is proficient at a beginning 5th grade level. T2 is showing he is proficient at a 1.4th grade level. Must say I'm proud of both of the little monkeys. T1 never has had trouble learning to read. She's never struggled at all. T2 has. He and I battle with it almost daily, but he's clearly learning how to read. Though he would have been starting kindergarten this year at public school, he's clearly RIGHT where he should be.  It makes me happy that we've made the right decision for him. I think everyone who homeschools worries about that at some point. Is their child learning? Are they better off at home than at school? I like to occasionally do things like reading assessment tests (even though we don't do TEST tests) to make sure they ARE at a minimum level of where I put our goals - which I hope are more lofty that TPS's.

No comments:

Post a Comment