Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fishing, Frogs, and Ticks! Oh My!

We went fishing up in Slick with Grandad today. The weather was great. *I* thought the fishing was good - but I caught 6 fish and T1 broke her line and Grandad and T2 both caught 1. C well. Lets say he was playing support staff too often to spend much time actually fishing. T1 actually spend a lot of her time catching little frogs. Since we are coming up to the amphibian portion of our science, we brought several home with us in an empty container.

The cats are surprisingly happy about this and we've had to bungie the lid closed because Molly figured out how to pop the lid off. Since I already let one loose in the kitchen and played a riveting game of hunt the frog, we went ahead and just made it hard for him to let them out.

Then, when we got home I discovered we brought home some unexpected "friends". If your friends are parasitic bugs, and really don't we all have some?? I had 1 on my leg and T1 had one on her forehead. The boys had none. NONE! How that's fair, I don't know.. But eeeewwwww.... Now I get all itchy then get paranoid about being itchy.. Aww well!



1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh for a moment there I thought the rock was the frog and I was all freaked out because I thought the frog had some sort of mutant fungus growing out of its head... and then I looked closer and saw the real frog. I'm glad it's not a mutant!

    ReplyDelete