Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Misfortune

Much to our dismay Gus didn't make it to the end of last week. He curled up into his favorite chair and died. Unfortunately his favorite chair was also computer chair, but you can't really just wipe that off when they are clinging to it (as my friend N suggested). Now admittedly she's never really had pets or cats and is very liberal about her "Death Policy". I have the - If Something Dies On It, It's Gone" rule.  I also have the "Poke It With A Stick To See If It Moves" policy which I also think N may not have. So while it IS inconvenient to be down a chair, sure is better than a sofa or a bed.


We also got a kitten. We call it the "Replacement Plan". My mom happened to know that the vet had some wee little kittens and she went and got one and "showed up" with one for the kids. C and I knew and talked to her about it, but the kids still think it was a complete surprise and she got to save the day and get hero points that way. *Shrug* Someone should. I got to explain their cat was dead and that at some point we'd probably get another one - I certainly wasn't getting any. C wouldn't just come home with a kitten without having me look at it first because he likes to be all considerate and nice. But sometimes, it's just easier when a kitten magically appears.




No comments:

Post a Comment