Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Obnoxious BUT.. Cute..

I know.. An oxymoron. But it's true, my children are obnoxious but cute at 5:30 a.m. Especially when I roll over, in the odd limited way I can with a giant cast on my leg, and realized I just elbowed The Girl in the head. She had snuck into my bed and plastered herself to my side at some point during the night. Then, in an attempt to give her more room, I nudge over to realize I almost tump The Boy on the floor on my other side who apparently has ALSO snuck in at some point. Now. I do really enjoy snuggling with my bunnies, but I didn't realize they had snuck into the bed and have NO idea how long they were there staring at me. THEN I realize there are 3 cats on various parts of my body lounging, purring, cuddling and doing the belly snuggles. I was fully covered in love. Now C had NO love. It's safe to say, I felt truly loved and yet.. WOW that was somewhat obnoxious at 5:30 a.m.

I wouldn't trade these morning cuddles for the life of me, and yet to be surprised and not know how I ended up with an extra 130 pounds in my bed trapping me, staring at me, laying on me is a little bizarre of a way to wake up.

2 comments:

  1. ROFL you must sleep very, very soundly. If something touches me in the night I'm up like a shot. Noises don't bug me (and that fact bugs me because HELLO INTRUDER), but you touch me and I'll smack the s*** out of you.

    That said, your kids are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Movement doesn't bother me, but SOUNDS wake me up. I can hear the tiniest sound and smack the snot out of anything within arms reach. Unfortunately, 1 & 2 have cultivated the art of stealth bed joining. I think they practice because they know I'll tell them to go the heck away if they wake me.

    ReplyDelete