Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's Started....

So we have officially started the whole "Homeschooling" thing. I'd say it's going okay so far. Abby seems to actually LIKE it. She asks for it. Pesters me for more even. I try to limit each "subject" to about 10-20 minutes per day and don't do every subject every day. Writing, reading, and math we are doing everyday. Music - which is consisting of piano lessons and practice - we are doing "most" days. Science we are doing mostly 1 day a week with a more of a hands on type thing and just answering whatever questions the kids happen to have in a slightly more in depth way other than.. "I dunno, the planets rotate I guess.."

Tweedle 2 gets more frustrated, more easily that 1. But he always has. With the motivation of a few neat-o stickers he has been fairly easily swayed to keep going. Plus the whole experience is more geared towards #1 for now anyhow. I push him until he's done then let it be.

To make things MORE fun, my mom is having surgery tomorrow and will be staying with us until she is healed enough to take care of herself and her house again. That should be an interesting joy.

To make up for the impending fun, Tweedles and I had a "Day of Fun". In consisted of a trip to Claire's for some clip on earrings (not for me obviously), a viewing of Despicable Me, and a trip to McDonald's for a happy meal and playing. Now how these items are "fun" I'm not quite sure, but the kids seemed to think they are. I figure I've made them adjust their normal routine completely and they've adjusted to it fairly well and not complained, it was a well worth it justification.

No comments:

Post a Comment