Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Words

I hate words. Mostly, I hate not being able to USE my words the way I want to. Because I have some great words for people lately and I can't use any of them. I can even choose words that are "polite" to fill in the bad ones. Biting my tongue is one of the hardest things I have yet to learn to do sometimes. I just.. Can't.. Sometimes yet. Email helps because then I can edit my *tongue* to be more appropriate, but the words they just want to come out.

For example to our Realtor who screwed the pooch the last week of our house sale. He sent a "Survey of How I Did". Really? You send a survey 2 days after your screw the pooch? Why?

Or the spouse who goes over the top on how retched I am because he reads a comment on Facebook wrong. Ohh How Horrible I Am.. yeah. I'm pretty sure we all know *I* may not be the problem here. Even after I apologize he STILL tears into me? Right, pretty sure we know it's not me at that point. A simple "Hey. That comment hurt her feelings" would have induced such a more sympathetic response. When, in reality, the girl is just depressed. Really, really depressed. The attempt (and clearly failed here - I admit THAT) was that things COULD be worse and she really had no real reason to be down and about this particular issue (I was in a hurry and the kid just broke the other kid's nose - so proof reading would have been good I know but blood was splattering..). But it does clear up several other frequently complained about issues. I do love that about Facebook though. I just edit the settings and.. Viola. Gone. All gone. Issue resolved. I'm pretty sure she doesn't want me to explain to her why she has "family communication issues" (though it's pretty damned clear now) nor why she's depressed (though she really should go see someone about that). But If.. You are going to post things about Zombie Jesus on Easter. Get thicker skin. Really. Seriously. Thicker skin. Even *I* know not to do THAT.

Oh look. I want to rant without people making comments I don't like? Ohh look. I have a blog for that! If I don't like the comment I have a delete button.  *sigh* Oh wait. Facebook has that too.

Or how about what words do you use with your child when she literally bounces onto the other child's face and rebreaks his nose?? I used loud words. Really, really loud words. Mostly, I just put her in timeout until we got to Urgent Care and then made her clean up the blood that was all over the house. But still.


*sigh* This could also be called "The Angry Rant Post" I suppose. I'm mad at my kid (for the obvious indiscretion) , I'm mad at the other kid for not following directions and then being a little whiny bitch about it, I'm mad because I strongly suspect that the boy has more anxiety that we originally thought and am going to have to address that, I'm mad at the dipshit spouse for just being a dipshit instead of just normal - really who does that crap? (Oh wait my ex spouse did that shit.. Oh wait.. That's why he's an ex.. D'uh!), I'm mad I still have goats in my entryway, I'm mad I had to pay the taxes today, I'm mad we have this stupid cat in the shed that stinks to Holy Hell and back but C thinks he can "Save Him", heck. Right now I'm pissed I need to lose 10 pounds.

1 comment:

  1. Rant away!... then balance the chi and crack open a bottle of something. Sounds like a rough week!

    ReplyDelete