Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I WAS Going to Title This Post.. AssHats..

But, I'm not.. I've just reached that frustration point of not being able to "fix" things and want to blame other people. I want to blame all the AssHats in the world for everything being broken, since I can't fix it. When, in reality, it's just broken and *they* really didn't break it (ok, except for the one person at the bank who really DID break it, but still).


So instead we shall focus on all the positive features:

Wee boy is almost 7!

The wee little guy there, isn't my baby anymore. But that certainly IS what they still do! (Mental note, take picture tomorrow morning of exact same pose while they are watching their show.)


We're having a "party" for him, assuming anyone shows up for it. This is where it gets complicated and screwy. He's been having massive panic attacks about "people". Bad, bad, bad panic attacks. All kinds of reasons - they may touch something and move it, they may look at something of his, someone may break something..Then he panics that no one will show up.  Well, it turns out only 1 family may show up out (assuming they don't get sick - which knowing our luck, they will)  of 9 we invited. I had 4 today alone say things like "Oh, sorry, such and such came up.." Well.. Ok.. I'm torn at this point, mostly because he's an uncommunicative little boy, at what to do. How to explain to little kid that literally EVERYONE had something better to do?

My self-esteem isn't so shotty that I'm worried about people suddenly don't like us, we're talked to all these people in the last weeks and have no reason to think that. I honestly think they have had things come up. It's old parental ideal to make things great for their kids. But, I'm not sure he even cares as long as *someone* shows up, he said he'd rather just have playdates later with anyone who can't come - cause he just doesn't care. Whether or not that's the uncommunicative boy talking - I just don't know.

1 comment:

  1. ((HUGS)) I wish we could be there! I'm sorry he's been so anxious lately. That's frustrating, too. We'll get together soon.

    ReplyDelete