Monday, March 3, 2014

RRGGGG

RRRGGG said the dinosaur. I have not been this furious in YEARS.

 Oddly, not the kids. The continuous assault of someone (let's call them P for the lack of anything truly better) who is supposed be one of your biggest fans tearing you down - daily. It's easy to pass off at first, but infuriating as it builds. The flat out, blatant, insulting of my parenting is just down right unacceptable.  P assumes that everything the Asperger kid says is 100% correct. Surely, sweet perfect Girl could not be wrong? Oh, wait. perfect girl is currently attempting to become a psychopath and openly attempts to lie and manipulate EVERYONE! She admits to it even. So, yes, I am harsh and squash every single attempt at lies and manipulation. I don't let a single one slide. I don't want her to grow into a crazed serial killer. P goes behind  her going "But, my sweet Girl doesn't do XXX". Hell, yes she does! I have it on camera!

Even better? I have 2 polar opposite Aspies. Boy is calm, lies leak from his mouth like melted butter with a smile, and he waits for the right mood to get away with his schemes. Girl is always on fire, pushes everyone and everything 5 steps too far, hyperactive should have been her middle name. Together those 2 could plot the biggest heist ever. They'd tattle on themselves first though. Because of their different personalities, I treat and punish them differently. The Girl just sorted and gave away probably 2/3 of the stuff in her room. The last 1/3 is in bins duct taped shut in her closet. Why? She cannot figure out how to take care of her stuff! She simply cannot. She has about 5 outfits. Simple: Take care of those (wash and put away) get to pick more back out of the bin. It's been months. She cannot do it. We desperately want to give her things back, if fir no other reason than to gt them put of the way. But, she's 9-1/2. She is capable, but not willing, to take care of her things. Ironically, P, comes behind me to soothe and comfort and has been helping Girl. She's sabotaging my attempts to teach my special needs kids to be self sufficient! I don't plan on being 90 and washing my darling childrens' laundry.

I love my kids. I do everything I can think of for them. Including defend their right to be self sufficient, not coddled, taught how to do things (instead of done for), punished fairly, and a host of other things that should have to be a fight in your own home. Kids these age should be encouraged to get their own snacks, drinks, clean their places, make their beds, clean their beds. They are old enough and dexterous enough.  When P is around, these skills are discouraged and the kids are coddled. I try to correct MY kids and the stink eye comes out to never return home. It's like there is a file being written against every parenting choice I make.

My disappointment about how things have turned is almost palatable. I got the "request" that I not let the kids think something that had nothing to do with them, was their fault. Really? What kind of  mother am I to go around saying things like "Now, kids, this is ALL your fault!!" Really?!? Morely, what kind  person is P for thinking that lowly of me?  It's like asking your spouse "Now husband, please don't cheat on me today ok?" If you think THAT lowly of the person, why are you there?

And I guess the short of the long of it is just that. If someone really does just think THAT lowly of me and my spouse and my parenting and everything. Just shut up and get out of my house.


1 comment: