Monday, March 24, 2014

It would be funny.. If this wasn't me..

Let's be honest, we all delight in other people's misery, Schadenfreude. This would be the best, juiciest gossip ever - if only it wasn't me.

The Girl has been declining in mood for the last few weeks. We had adjusted her meds once and have just been seeing how it goes, waiting for my mom to relocate to her new apartment, found out our goat is going to have a baby, one of our cats died, they announced a Girl Scout camping trip, several birthdays are coming up this week. A stressful week for a kid with aspergers and a host of other issues. A couple of days ago, we woke up to find a laundry basket of her stuff packed. Huh. Ok. Talked about it. Assumed it was a ploy for attention at 4 a.m., thought it was resolved.

Later that day, I found girl with our biggest chef knife behind her back, hiding it from me. Boy had fetched me while I was talking to the yard guy, to tell me that she was packing to "run away into the woods". We back up into a very, very large plot of wooded area, in addition to the couple of acres we own - so that is actually possible.

After a loud bit of screaming to put it down (which, thankfully, she did comply with) The Girl went on to spend 3 hours carrying on: screaming, crying, hitting me, running through the house, kicking me, lying, and general carrying on. I hadn't yet put together she'd hit a miss management of her medications, so I was trying to treat her like a logical 9 year old.

The next day, she pulled the same stunt. Giant knife in hand while walking across the kitchen counters. OH, heck, NO! So, we have locked the house down. I called her doctor - to see if I could move her appointment sooner. Of course not, they're full. But really, what I should do is take her to the inpatient mental hospital and drop her in. <---- Really???  For a 9 year old? You know, honestly, she DOES fit the criteria for inpatient. I do know this. She has been going on and on and on about how she is going to chop and slice and cup peoples hands off for touching her favored lovie. But for them to not even TRY to find an appointment?? It the child's Psych. You would think that they would have had an emergency spot built in!

So, after a very short conversation that consisted of hubby and I both saying no, we've both been attempting to keep girl alive since then. All knives and knife like items are either in the safe or in new lock boxes.

We had an appointment to get The Girl's medication reviewed  today. Disappointment abounds. There is no solid  plan in place. I can change her doses at will.  Unfortunately, right this moment, she's causing a conniption.






1 comment:

  1. ((HUGS)) I can't say anything I haven't said already. I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete