Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week 4

We just finished week 3 of our new scheduling and planning for the kids school. Can we say "Epic Failing"? Yes? Oh, because if we were failing ANY MORE we'd be at the bottom of a freaking river. *sigh*

Hi, I'm Beth. I'm a failure.

Anyhow, turns out the kids aren't too fond of their spelling, math, art (I may have found a new art curriculum to try..), history, story math problem, geography.. Shall I continue? They are also unfond of cleaning, eating with spoons, asking for things politely, vacuuming, touching meal worms and a variety of other things too. Ironically, if they DID their work, if would take maybe 2-3 hours. The Girl has been dragging 2 pages of math (seriously, I've been giving her evens and odds to do) to take 8 hours BEFORE she gets started on her other subjects. She has now lost all but a half dozen small toys, 5 clothing outfits and her furniture. No, really. It was an ugly day. The child STILL does not care. I keep trying to give her stuff back as a reward for making good choices, she has not actually picked any of them. She just.. Forgets.

How do you forget you have NOTHING in your room???

*sigh*

This week - for The Girl - looks like this (ignore the punctuation issues it's a quick print off):



Week of January 27-31

Monday – January 27, 2014 – Spelling 28 – review lessons 1-5,.  Spanish.  Book report = Please keep reading on your book for your book report.  Math 31 (evens) -32(odds). Math enrichment page 16, English 239-240 reading 88-89, Science,

Tuesday – January 28, 2014 – Spelling 29 - review lessons 1-5. Math 33 (evens), 34 (all) Math Enrichment 17,  Cursive Handwriting 12. English 241-242 . History, Reading 90-91.

Wednesday – January 29, 2014 -  Spanish, Spelling Test lessons 1-5, Math 35 (odd) 36 (all) Enrichment 18,  English 243-244. Geography. Reading 92-93,

Thursday – January 30, 2014 –  Spelling Pretest, Spelling 30-31 , Math 37 (odds) 38 (all)  Enrichment 19,  Cursive handwriting 13, English 245-246. Art. Reading 94-95.

Friday – January 31, 2014 -  Spelling 32-33 (Spelling test Monday) Spanish, Math 39 (all), 40 (all)  Enrichment 20, English 248-249 . Science. Reading 96-97.




The Boy, unfortunately, lied to me on Friday and told me his math had all been completed. Their father is supposed to be checking their work nightly. Guess who isn't doing any checking past the first week (and 3 days at that?)? So I found 3 math pages unfinished from him. When asked if he had double checked if the work was completed the answer had been yes - EVERY single time. So. Monday he has 6 math pages to do. If he does them without complaining, he'll get a long chat, since it should have been caught MUCH sooner (assuming someone else had done their job), if he throws a fit then we'll be having problems.


So, another reason posts aren't too frequent and tend to be somewhat riddled with errors - the day before Thanksgiving  I tore the tendon in my left hand and I also managed to get really bad nerve damage. I am currently waiting for them to schedule surgery, but they are taking their sweet, sweet time. I can't move or use the 2 little fingers on my left hand at all nor can I twist, pull, or lift much with that hand. It's irritating since it's been 2 months. Ok, *irritating* is perhaps the most benign word I have ever used in regards to this. But still.

See, it screams failure.





1 comment:

  1. :( I still don't think it's failure, but I am sorry you're having such a crappy time. Wish there was some good idea I could have to motivate the girl, but alas, I'm no good there. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete