Saturday, January 11, 2014

Week 1

     We are at the end of week 1 on our new schedule. It went SO smoothly Monday through Wednesday. Thursday it started to get a little slippery. We had Swimming. The kids got tired. Friday took a nose dive. *I* had a doctor appointment. Then we had to go to the pharmacy. Then my mom was home and sick. Then the girl had to do laundry. Then.. and then.. and then..  The kids ended up with more than a full days worth of work left. So, we spend ALL freaking day today (Saturday) making them do all the last bits of school work they hadn't done, correcting it, re-correcting it. ALL. DAY. They each ended up with at least 3 pages of math, spelling tests, Art, Science. So on. Then, they had to go back and error correct ALL the stuff they had done wrong they hadn't bothered to correct and the stuff they had done today.
     Even better? I was going to allow them to type out their spelling tests because writing is so hard for them. BUT, they started to use Spell Check!! I kid you not. I give The Boy his first word and he asks me if he spelled it correctly and I tell him he'll have to figure it out. He says, " Oh, I did. Spell Check says so." Oh, Hellz no! 
     Tomorrow, we still have to complete Art and Science. I'm letting them pick the topic. They've decided to rotate Boy pick, Girl pick and so on. Boy has picked arthropods for this first 2 to 4 week session. I know the Girl is going to pick Rocks and Minerals for her, so I can at least start planning on that. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous this upcoming week, so I may journey to the zoo and go on an arthropod hunt. It would be something to do one afternoon. I have no idea what the heck I'm doing with art. I may stick with what I've got going with the art book I've started and attempt to add more mediums or textures or.. Something? I don't know. I don't *do* art. The boy tends to follow me in that, the girl loves arts.
    

1 comment:

  1. I've given up the ghost on art. "Make something" is about as close as I get these days. Rainbow Loom stuff, string art… I really need to be more creative, but I'm just not good at it, either. I'd sign them up for the one down at Heartsong because I've seen the stuff they have on the walls, but it's on Tuesdays, which is the day the girl starts her sewing class in a couple of weeks. So I don't even know… I know what you mean about the spellcheck. I had to turn that sucker off. Grrr...

    ReplyDelete