Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

This year we are bringing the New Year in with a boy with a broken nose, a girl with a hair cut (finally after 8 years) and a scheduled day and time for closing on the house we're trying to buy. 2 out of 3 positives is about as good as we get nowadays.


The boy *technically* broke his nose yesterday, but I took him to the doctor for it today. I was NOT going to take him to the ER during peak flu season for them to tell me something I already knew and to not DO anything. So I took him to the pediatrician and have to recount the story of how C and I went to lunch and were gone 45 minutes only to come back to bloody Armageddon. The Boy was launching himself at Gigi's belly and smashed his knee into his face. Now, originally I was told he was launching himself at the sofa, but then the kids corrected me and told on themselves and admitted they had been SUPER naughty and that he was launching his head at HER. Yeah. He broke his own nose on his knee. It's really hard to not repeatedly smack him upside the head and call him a dumbass. But I figure the broken nose is enough.

The Girl FINALLY let me cut her hair. The bottom of her hair was super whispy and gross since she'd only let it get trimmed a TINY, tiny bit once before. I convinced her that the hair was left over baby hair and gross and needed to be cut off so her other hair can grow. Yes, a little bit of a lie, but that bottom part was getting nasty. It was forever dangling in her food, glue, bowl, toothpaste, and tangled beyond repair.  She was freaking out until I told my wee little fib, then she was very content and happy with it. She did refuse to go to the haircut place though, so *I* had to do it. Good thing I can cut fairly straight.. :P






And the ever loving house saga. The closing got postponed  last week because of a lien on the title issue with a neighbor. Something about the neighbor 2 houses down holds the tax lien on the neighbor just to the other side of the house but the legal description was written incorrectly and encroached on like 4 feet of the property we are trying to buy? So.. I appears that the sellers went over and had a chat with the reluctant neighbor 2 houses down and got them to sign whatever paper it is we needed them to sign to get this moving again. Hopefully, this means we can finally close on this stupid this. It's already 3 weeks later than originally planned. *sigh*  The amount of lying BS that has been going on is just obscene.

Ahh a new year will hopefully bring this all to an end.


3 comments:

  1. Thank heaven the lien stuff is getting sorted out! Hopefully the boy's nose heals correctly and well. That hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're in the process of moving, but I'm giving you an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little late, but YAY!! Award!

    ReplyDelete