Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday, Sunday...Oh what a daaaaay...

    Anyhow. Turns out we have a grand total of 12 to 13 frogs from our tadpoles! Considering they arrived via USPS in a tiny little box, sealed tight in a baggie, with 2 already eaten, we think this is a HUGE success! I'll see if I can get some pictures of the cute little buggers this week. They are surprisingly agile. The other day we got them some tiny little crickets when we went to the local pet store (no, not the kind that sell the mill puppies.. The kind that just sell dog food you silly people. We just buy frogs in zip lock bags, not dogs too.) Several of these eensy tiny little frogs ate these crickets the same size as themselves. It was awesomely hilarious, especially the one that laid wedged down in the rocks and you could almost hear him grunting the *I'm so fullllll I'm soooo fuuuuuulllll* Um.. not that we sat and watched this on a Saturday as our primary entertainment. Nope. NEVER. Next time, I'll get the wingless fruit-flies the guy said they also have sometimes so hopefully Hoppy won't be so bloaty.

So this Co-op thing. Turns out if you put more than 10 women is 1 place all havoc breaks out. So. Instead of 1 big group, it's splitting into what appears to be 3. The original group, a group of slightly older kids, and a group branch that the gal described as "unschoolers". Since the original group was a little too original for me and we are SO not "unschoolers" in any fashion, I got in touch with the gal who is going to be doing the organization for the older kids. (Not teenagers, but not so young they aren't even in school yet. You know, kids of homeschool age.) Anyhow, I talked with her and while there are many details to be worked out yet (small details like: times, places, people, events.. You know.. Small tiny details..) these items aren't fixed like they are with the "original" group which is nice in some ways too. I'm honestly not sure what kind of odd Drama broke out after that first meeting the other day. But I do want to point out *I* had nothing to do with it! Nothing AT ALL. Ok. Probably anyhow.  Most likely. Yeah. I was quiet the WHOLE meeting for the most part. See I can behave myself!


I don't think I've posted since the Dog Bite. (It's such an even it gets capitol letters even!) Last Friday the 2 stupidest puppies ever, were out playing and the Great Pyrenees got it's lower jaw caught on the Beagle's collar.  Beagle got stuck. Very, Very stuck. As I was trying to unclip his collar, he bit my thumb. HARD. Clamp down, not let go, hard. C is there and he starts to pry the dog's jaw open (and his fingers got a wee bit nipped) so I can get it out and as soon as he does the stupid Beagle grabs on to my other arm and start biting it repeatedly.  I get the now bleeding hand around his mouth enough to pull it shut and hold it while C works on getting the collar unclipped (it was a buckle collar). Yeah. So a trip to the Urgent Care, 10 days of antibiotics, a Tetnus shot, and what now appears to be long term nerve damage in that thumb. Not to mention the nail is starting to get gross and shred because it's still bleeding underneath it (yes, still 9 days later). So the nail may still fall off. *sigh*

It's never boring here I tell ya, NEVER.

1 comment:

  1. Yay tadpoles/frogs! I do want to see photos. Mostly I just need to drag myself over and avail myself of your hospitality.

    ReplyDelete