Monday, April 23, 2012

T2 Is 6!

My little boy is 6!! (Ok, technically he will be on Wed., but this is close enough because I have a few minutes now.)  We had a cute little party for him on Sunday and while it was smaller than usual, it went very well. The kids all got along. There were no giant fits, fights, squabbles, yelling.. It was actually pleasant! We missed a few dear friends, but hopefully we can get together with them in a few days for a play date and see them to say hi (HI!).  I can't believe how big my wee boy has gotten. He was SO tiny and now is reading, writing, adding 2 digit numbers.. He's turned into a whole little person.


This year T2 went for a "Zelda" theme at his party. I must admit this made the cake a little *special*. I was aiming for a Triforce cake. It was a little lopsided and lumpy, but it tasted SO good! It was humid the day I was making it and the cake was just too moist it couldn't stay together.


Mostly, the kids just ran around outside and played together. But they did SO well. They really are just the best kids. They have a fantastic bunch of parents.





Just a few of our friends that came, I wasn't able to get everyone - kids tend to run at the slightest thing you know!!

And of course T1 was the Most Fantastic Sister Helper. She even made T2 one of his favorite breakfasts of blueberry muffins all by herself (except the oven part of course). They were absolutely delicious! So proud of that wee girl of mine too!





1 comment:

  1. I hated missing it! We definitely will have to get together soon. Your cakes are ALWAYS delicious. And I love the photo of T1 in the red dress - she's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete