Thursday, February 13, 2014

Surgery and Recovery

I had surgery from an injury catching a guinea fowl and chicken. I tore the tendon in my left wrist and managed to get the ulnar nerve all twisted at the elbow and wrist.. So, surgery was at the elbow on the nerve, the wrist at the nerve and then on the tendon at the wrist. It's becoming obvious I have some kind of connective tissue disorder with how easily I get hurt. I can't use my arm at all right now, its a bit more challenging.  Hubby, C, is working from home to help take care of the farm, and get the kids to their activities, and make sure the house doesn't burn down while I randomly pass out from the meds. (And lets face it, we all want those to be taken.)

See, fell asleep 2 times already typing this. It's 3:30 in the afternoon.

So we're on week 6 of the new schooling plan. I've figured out a few key things:
  • The Girl is brilliant, but lazy.  If there is a chance to procrastinate - she will.
  • The Boy is behind  (as in, on par with his peers, not actually behind, behind) in spelling. He just needs a different approach, which we just haven't figured out yet.
  • The Girl is motivated by nothing. It makes rewarding her very, very difficult. 
And on that, I'll take another nap. :)

1 comment:

  1. Naps good. Very good. Key things also good. Me Jane. Tarzan sitting on other couch. Me also had wine. Perhaps naps are good for everyone...

    ReplyDelete