Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Catch Up Post...

I've been trying to find something positive to post. I've just decided  that right now we're in a valley and  to go ahead and just be a Negative Nelly. In the last week  I've:

1. Caught my car on fire from my ipod charger. It resulted in a ruined charger and a mildly burned hand. Obviously could have been MUCH worse, but really REALLY. A charger CATCHING fire???!!


2. I have injured my left hand. The same one where I tore the tendon in my left thumb. I've got an appointment with the hand guy tomorrow. Lets just say my typing and txting is special with 1 thumb. At least I have a hand guy, but DAMN it hurts.

3. Took T1 to the ped. today, she has a big ol' nasty sty on her left eye. It's... Funky. It's really uncomfortable for her. When she's uncomfortable, it's very noticeable in her behavior.

4. A small one is I completely ruined dinner tonight. Which in comparison is completely minor. But Holy Cow. I put the chicken in at 4:15. At 5:45 it's bleeding still. EWWWWW sooo Taco Bell it is.

5. And the not so small one. We had to put Luke down on Saturday. It was a hard decision, but once we really got into it - fairly easy - because it was the correct one. He has a big tumor, he was whimpering when he sat down and could barely get back up (and that's with the mattress for a bed), he was loosing tons of fur, he was partially deaf, he was starting to get bad cataracts, several of his teeth were rotting. We COULD have spend several hundreds of dollars and patched him back together for 6 months or so, but ultimately whether that would have been the right choice or not? No. C and I went back and forth a bit on this, but to leave him as he was just seemed cruel.


2 comments:

  1. Oh geez that really sucks about the hand! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I hope T1's sty gets better soon, too. Sometimes it just all sucks. (On the other hand, you're not out with a sore hand beating back crowds to find school supplies!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no words...I am just sorry. All of that sucks. Hang in there! We get out of school earlier this year. Maybe we can play soon!

    ReplyDelete