Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day

Mothers Day was yesterday. For the first time since I've had kids I don't have a bitter, sour, angry feeling the day after. C tried REALLY hard to actually create a pleasant day and actually DO something for Mothers Day that would indicate he cares.

He helped the kids make cards.

He brought me coffee first thing in the am after having camped-in with the kids. I was also woken up to a riveting rendition of "Shake Shake Shake Your Hiney" compliments of T2.

He made reservations to the Melting Pot for an early dinner - which took planning and forethought because we were taking the kids and early is better than later for that - mood wise.

He gave the kids baths.

He had asked what I wanted a few weeks back in regards to a gift and I drew a blank at the time, but still got me one. And a super cool one at that. It's a memory card for my camera that automatically sends the pictures to my computer right after I take them so I don't have to take them, connect the cord, push 3 buttons, and transfer them. It just - does it. I didn't even know they MADE those. But how cool is that??


Then..

He set the thing up. Because I certainly didn't know how and nothing is worse than having something and having no idea how to use it and not being able to use if forever.

So.. Thank you Smoopy Pie. I know it was hard for you to do, but I very much appreciate it.

And mother dear of my own, I wasn't ignoring you. But C was going to lots and lots of effort.  And I DO have something for you, it got put in my room and 1 & 2 just didn't give it to you.

1 comment: